Saturday, March 27, 2010

"the Turn Around" by Bob Atkinson


"the Turn Around"


"the Turn Around"
(c)2010 Bob Atkinson


Wasn't an extra ordinary day
sky was blue
my heart was thin
couldn't laugh
but I could grin

wasn't aware of love
coming my way
wasn't looking for what I found
when the sweet lady came around

a perky lass 
with blue-green eyes
willing smile, no frowns

she carried with her
a serious air
of sweet confidence
although blond of hair

she carried also
the promise of
an ever ever 
lasting love

didn't have a clue
of the new direction
what was happening to me
didn't know at all
had found perfection

when the pretty lady
of Ohio state
looked for a photo
and passed my gate

if the future holds
half of what I have found
my head and heart will
be hers from now on

No comments:

Post a Comment