Monday, February 1, 2010

A Fool and His Hunny by Bob Atkinson

“A FOOL AND HIS HUNNY”
  (c) 2007 Bob Atkinson 
   
Hunny went to town today  
to see a man she paid  
to leave my life in shambles  
and take my kids away 
 
said she couldn’t take no more 
 it was time to leave  
move away from this old town  
where she could hardly breathe
  
a fool and his hunny 
are soon parted  
a life once loved is gone  
the road of love is filled  
 with holes and bumps
and I just fell off  

 says I was bad to her  
didn’t care for her needs 
 and give her things 
to make her smile  
or treat her tenderly   

a fool and his hunny   
are soon parted  
a life once loved is gone 
the road of love  
 is filled with holes and bumps  
and I just fell off 

Hunny went to town today 
 to see a man she paid 
 to leave my life in shambles  
and take my kids away  

 told me it was time to go  
and left me on the porch  
to thank the lord  
with a great big smile   
for that thing called “divorce ” 

Hunny went to town today 
 to see a man she paid  
to leave my life in shambles  
and take my kids away
   
Contact Bob Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment