Saturday, February 20, 2010

"GOODBYE COWBOYS" by Bob Atkinson

"Goodbye Cowboys"

(c) 2008 Bob Atkinson

Goodbye Cowboys
goodbye Cowgirls
goodbye Bikers
goodbye Biker Girls

goodbye all you good time cowboys
who ain't gotta steer to brand
goodbye all you drunken ponies
who can't carry your man

goodbye to all you weak and weary
tall and short and sometimes teary
goodbye to all you fellow scoundrels
it's from you I get a laugh

goodbye to the men I hung with
drinking beer with vodka kicks
giving life to bravado stories
which may or may not stand

yes I do, and yes I don't
hear you say within the "quotes"
things you will and things you won't
it's you I try to comprehend

time is short my lady waits
it's domestic, not a date
will she "give" or will she "hate"
the alcohol on my breath


goodbye to all you weak and weary
tall and short and sometimes teary
goodbye to all you fellow scoundrels
it's you I understand
so it's to you I tip my hat

Bob Atkinson - Arizona Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment